Build your own policies to include the following benefits:
Contents and Stock Cover
Additional benefits for FSB members
Federation of Small Businesses members qualify for additional benefits and discounts on all shop insurance policies.
These benefits include:
- Exclusive discounts reserved for FSB Members
- Higher levels of cover where possible
- Free access to our Business Continuity Portal
To find out what you are entitled to, give our team a call today on 0345 762 6158.
A shop insurance policy tailored to your retail needs
The retail industry has always been challenging even without the hostile market that we have today.
Shops are vulnerable to vandalism, break-ins and fire and the result of being under-insured could leave you with serious financial difficulties if you suffer from any number of set-backs.
It's easy to get a series of quotes online depending on your criteria, or if you prefer you can give the team a call on 0345 762 6158 straight away and talk through your options with one of our experts.
What does shop insurance include?
A shop insurance package can include a range of different covers that you might benefit from. Our policies include the following:
Public liability, employers' liability and product liability insurance: Protecting your business against negligence claims originating from members of the public or members of staff, or arising through something you've sold is important.
- Up to £10m of employers' liability cover
- Up to £5m of public liability insurance cover
- Up to £5m of product liability cover
Building and contents: Probably one of the most significant things you can cover with your shop is the physical building and what is kept inside. Replacing contents can take a significant investment!
- Accidental damage is included unless otherwise mentioned in the documents
- Includes all perils your business could face
Seasonal stock increase: Your stock levels will inevitably change over your busy periods. For this reason our policies include:
- An automatic 25% increase on the stock sum insured over Christmas, New Year and 30 days before Easter for no additional cost
- The option to change these peak months if your market has different busy seasons - something that most insurers don't allow!
Glass: The cost of replacing. Any storefront windows, frames and signs can be covered with no upper limits. Most insurers limit this (sometimes as low as £100).
Personal accident and assault: The sad fact of dealing on the high street means that just occasionally you might end up coming face to face with more violent members of society:
- £10,000 lump sum payment if you or a member of staff is rendered permanently disabled as a result of an attack
- £100 per week if the condition is temporary
Business interruption: Sometimes you will be prevented from trading and will have been unable to prevent this. In these cases, Business interruption cover can step in.
- Up to £500,000 of lost income covered as a result of insured perils
- Loss of income covered if an insured peril hits one of your main suppliers
- Loss of income covered if an insured peril hits somewhere in the immediate area that stops you trading
All shop insurance cover is subject to insurers underwriting criteria, terms and conditions. Please contact our team for full details.
What you will need to take out cover
If you do chose to call us to set up out a policy, if you have the following information to hand it could speed up the process:
- What is your shop’s annual turnover?
- What is the value of your shop’s contents?
- What is the value of your stock, including that stored offsite?