Tailor your own quotes to include the following benefits:
Work From Home Cover
Goods In Transit
Additional benefits for FSB members
Federation of Small Businesses members qualify for additional benefits and discounts on all small business insurance policies.
Available member benefits include:
- Exclusive discounts reserved for FSB Members
- Higher levels of cover where possible
- Free access to our Business Continuity Portal
To find out exactly what you are entitled to, give our team a call today on 0345 762 6158.
Diverse policies for diverse businesses
If you need more than one type of insurance for your business, for example public liability insurance, stock cover and business interruption alongside employers’ liability, we can cover your business needs under a single policy with one easy-to-manage renewal date.
The types of businesses we can cover include:
- Plumbers, builders, carpenters, electricians and other tradesmen
- Shops and cafés
- Sports and personal trainers
- Freelance designers and developers
- Many more
No matter what your business is, we will be able to help you. The FSB Insurance Service is a part of the Towergate Underwriting Group, one of the largest independent intermediaries in Europe and therefore has access to an incredibly wide range of different policies and providers across the wider insurance market.
What can we provide?
As part of your small business insurance policy, we can offer you a wide range of cover including the following:
Public, Employers' and Product Liability: Cover can be added to protect you and your business against negligence claims from employees and members of the public for the following amounts:
- Up to £5m of public liability insurance
- Up to £10m of employers' liability insurance
- Up to 2.5m for product liability insurance
- £25,000 of over that can pay out in the event of a wrongful arrest
Material damage: Damage to buildings and contents, including accidental damage, can be covered for the following amounts:
- £10,000 for loss of metered water
- £10,000 for any damage caused by the fire brigade accessing grounds
- £10,000 for trace and access damage
- £1,000 to cover the replacement of locks
Loss of money: Money is critical to running a business and sometimes it can go missing. Our policies can include money cover for the following:
- £5,000 of money in transit to the bank or on business property
- £500,000 of non-negotiable money
For money in transit, two able-bodied adults need to be accompanying money if it is over £3,000, three if it is over £6,000 and a security company if over £9,000, which is something that a lot of brokers don't warn you about.
Personal accident and assault cover: If you or your staff are attacked, this cover will pay out:
- £10,000 if they are permanently disabled
- £100 per week until they recover if the condition is temporary
Glass and signage: If your business is on a high street, your street facing windows and signage might be vulnerable to vandalism or simple mishap. This will cover:
- Boarding up costs
- Damage to frames, fixtures and fittings,
- Alarm foil
- Display goods
All of this has no monetary limit and a lot of these features are rarely included by other insurers as standard.
Goods in transit: You can cover your customers' goods in transit, even if they are in vehicles that you don't own or have any control over. This includes:
- Automatic cover following an accident of up to £2,500 each
- Additional costs of transferring goods to another vehicle also covered
- An extra £500 per person for drivers' and attendants' personal effects
Deterioration of stock: If you have items that need to be kept refrigerated or frozen, then this can cover stock damage up to a maximum of £5,000 in the event of a refrigeration unit breaking down.
Risks to business equipment: If you have some form of business equipment that's not covered by any of the above, then you can simply request additional cover for specific pieces of equipment, even for when it is taken away from the premises.
What else should you know about our policies?
All cover is subject to insurers underwriting criteria, terms and conditions. Please contact our team for full details.
Excesses: Most parts of the small business insurance policy will have clearly defined excesses that you would have to pay before a claim paid out. For higher excesses, we can also offer further discounts on your policy premiums.
Terrorism: Any property damage or loss of income caused by Terrorism will be excluded from our policies, which is something that a lot of brokers neglect to mention.
If you are specifically concerned about Terrorism affecting your business, you can enquire about a policy especially designed to deal with this. Our sales team will be able to help you out and give you further details.
What do you do if the cover you need isn't mentioned above?
If the cover you need isn't listed here, then give our team a call on 0345 762 6158 and ask them about it. It is highly likely that we will be able to source the cover you want and include it in your package.